Vegetable stock - as needed and quantity depending on if you like a thicker consistency
1. Roast the sweet potatoes in the oven until soft all the way through (usually about 30 mins or longer depending on the size). Roasting them make it super easy to scoop out the middles (you can also roast them in advance, pop them in the fridge and re-visit the rest of this recipe when you have time)
2. Scoop out the sweet potato from their skins and mash in a bowl
3. Warm a large pan and melt a little butter in the pan
4. Dice the onion and add to pan, frying until soft
5. Add the mashed sweet potatoes, turmeric, curry powder, ginger and vegetable stock and stir
5. Remove the mixture from the hob and allow to cool a little before adding to the blender for 30 seconds
6. Pop it back in the pan, add the yogurt before it starts to bubble to avoid it splitting, and serve! Or alternatively - skip the yogurt, jar it up or put in air tight containers - it last for at least 3 days. When you reheat - add the yogurt at this stage.
Great on it's own, or for a Indian style twist I have totally been inspired by one of my friends who served it with lime chutney and poppadoms for a Friday night "take-away" treat.